Saturday, May 22, 2010

Kate's Charity Work


If an 18 month old ever needs a resume, then Kate is well ahead of the game on building her own curriculum vitae. I am so lucky to be able to spend a lot of my time with my girls. Often this leads to some childcare issues and I have to depend on the kindness of others to put up with my kids. I serve on the board of Neighborhood Housing Services, which is an incredible charity providing housing counseling and foreclosure assistance to those in the Birmingham area. This month I had to bring Kate to our monthly board meeting. NHSB is amazingly kid-friendly --- or at least no one seems to mind the antics of my children.

She behaved very well (primarily because I let her share my Chick-fil-a lunch). The highlight of the meeting was when she walked across the room and began to help herself to some chocolate in a candy bowl. I did not know her eyesight was so well developed! Believe it or not we were actually able to conduct some good business at our meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment