Tuesday, October 5, 2010

St. Thomas More

I attended a meeting today of the St. Thomas More Society, which is a group of Catholic lawyers that meets monthly to discuss faith and the law. It may surprise many people that some lawyers are actually concerned about the morality of their daily actions. I really enjoy the dynamics of the group and discussing the struggle of living our faith in the "real world." We also recite a great prayer, which is as follows:

St. Thomas More Prayer

Lord, grant that I may be able in argument,
Accurate in analysis,
Strict in Study,
Candid with clients,
And honest with adversaries.

Sit with me at my desk,
And listen with me to my client's plaints,
Read with my in my library,
And stand beside me in court,
So that today I shall not,
In order to win a point,
Lose my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment