Saturday, December 21, 2013

A Very Special Christmas Party

The girls and I regularly take our friend James Michael to a monthly support group meeting offered by the Alabama Head Injury Foundation. This year my law practice (Carney Dye, LLC) and my church (Prince of Peace Catholic Church) were honored to help host the groups annual Christmas Party. It was a lot of fun and the participants really appreciated it.

One of the "moms" brought some amazing BBQ nachos (pictured below), which were my personal highlight of the day. We also sang karaoke, but the microphone was dominated by Grace and Kate. We sang a few Christmas Carols, but before long were singing "Call Me Maybe" and "You Don't Know Your Beautiful." I got a very strange look from my friend Lisa when she caught me singing the latter to myself later in the evening.

We ended the event with some bingo, complete with fabulous prizes. Of course it was a little awkward when Grace won the first game and Kate won the last. God or Lady Luck was looking out for me on that last win because we all know you things don't go well when one child takes a prize home and the other does not!

I know that the Carney Family is already looking forward to next year's party.







No comments:

Post a Comment