Friday, May 15, 2009

Another Monday Meeting

My wife typically heads into the office for a few hours every Monday morning. I usually forget this fact and schedule at least one client meeting on Mondays. My three year old usually attends her "Mother's Day Out" classes, which means I am typically left with Kate. We recently had another one of our Monday meetings, where I was discussing an estate administration with a client. I had Kate in her car seat in a chair next to me. For some reason, she decided to crane her neck and stare down my client. She appeared mesmerized by what he was saying.

As he was talking to me, I could see him glance over at Kate and try his mightiest to keep from smiling. He eventually gave in and just started to laugh. I apologized for my little distraction, but the client thought it was great. Kate, you add much needed levity to some serious conversations. I wonder if I can get away with bringing you into the courtroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment